11/03/2010

Poem30.What is Mine?

What is Mine?

what is mine?
 this body, mine?
are the body parts mine?
the thoughts or sleep ?

I should have,if its mine,
 control complete over these.
if I control my body,
 diseases do I have ?
if I control body parts,
 heart attacks,should I fear?
if I control my thoughts,
mental troubles,do I worry?
if I control sleep then,
do I think of getting up?

all these,I say as mine
not mine sure really .
 really mine, is there any ?
now , the present is mine.
nothing else, oh,my dear.



This post is for Thursday Poets Rally Week 32 Poem Post.
Thanks to Jingle for nominating the week 31Perfect Poet Award.
As for Week 32,  I nominate 'I Dream' of Olivia for the Perfect Poet Award.
Happy Thursday to You All!

14 comments:

Deborah said...

Such an insightful piece of writing ... the present is ours.
nothing else my dears.
so true and so very well done Rashmi, Wonderful!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

fabulous flow.
your talent rocks.

Anonymous said...

Every poem thus far is sending me a message that NOW is all I have...thank you :)

Sam373 said...

Your point well taken. I would have liked it better if you were talking to you. "What's Mine"

JamieDedes said...

Truer words have not been poemed. Well done.

Fear is not pertinent said...

Great! This poem makes you think.. Thank you! and such great words.

Jingle said...

thanks for the lovely participation,
Happy Rally,
let me know a poet you wish to nominate for week 33.

thanks again,

hope rising said...

WOW!

that is a really extraodinary way of looking at ourselves!

very cool poem!

Anonymous said...

welcome linking in a poem to our potluck today, Thanks in advance!

http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-buildings-landmarks-and.html

an award will be given upon participation this week.

Anonymous said...

Good one dear. :)

Kavitha said...

True words!!! excellent rashmi dear....

Deborah said...

I just wanted to say thank you for your visit Rashmi, it's always such a pleasure to see you :o)

eyeography said...

What is mine?...The present...
Lovely work... :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

letting you know Rally poetry awards posted, hope that you check it out,


i value your support.
xx