11/29/2010

Poem36.A Proud Mother

A Proud Mother

You, my  dear kids live with me.
Happy to be your mother, dear.
  I will share
, for your info,
the details of my family tree.
 
Eight of us , seven are boys;
me the only girl of the family.
Father Mr.Sun ,with grace,
looks after us so dearly.

We, a nuclear family so close,
do have lots and lots of cousins.
Numbers of them, count you try,
goes on just like the ocean waves.

Father from 'The Milkyway',
big and respectable family way.
Brothers,sisters countless save,
so many first cousins we so have.

Milkyway ,close to Canis Major
thinks of a merge,out of love. 
Antromeda,Tadpol,Whirlpool
other dears, some to name.
 
A family so vast and wide,
out there life exists, who knows.
I ,the Earth,so proud to have ,
you all as my dear naughty kids.

Written for Jingle's Poetry Potluck.Click the link below to enjoy some great writes of other poets.

POETRY POTLUCK - Nature: Plants, Creatures and the Cosmos

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol he he he he cute, cute, cute. I wouldn't think of the cosmos in such a manner however you made it work for me. Thank you! Happy Potluck! :)

http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/the-farming-of-nature/

Anonymous said...

Like how you anthropomorphise the solar system/planets as a human nuclear family. Excellent premise

Regards

Luke @ WordSalad

(mine are here -
http://lukepraterswordsalad.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/descent-2/
http://lukepraterswordsalad.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/64/
http://lukepraterswordsalad.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/mud-pies/

Anonymous said...

adorable..
Thanks for the contribution to potluck poetry.
have fun!

Anonymous said...

Quite clever personification of the cosmos. Enjoyable write.

Shashidhar Sharma said...

I enjoyed it.. very interesting...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

eyeography said...

Looovely...
A very interesting poem...
I enjoyed so much reading it :)

Anonymous said...

Love how you made the "cosmos" like a family, Rashmi, a very, very extended family! How clever--enjoyed this very much this morning.

Gayle xoxo

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

Potluck week 12 awards/treats, Enjoy

Thank you a ton for the lovely contribution!
Happy Friday!
See you next time!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful contribution to Potluck. The picture is great.

Anonymous said...

I envy your capability to publish wonderful article on poem-myworldofexcitement.blogspot.ru simply wanted to say I like this !